Sunday 6 December 2009

Jim Sweeney

I've just had the privilege of seeing The Life & Work of Jim Sweeney (or rather Michael James Dominic Sweeney).


LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA43e6V-J1c

This is the most life affirming, inspiring, incredible film I have seen (for a long time: A VERY LONG TIME). It must get distributed. It must be given air time.


This is a film about a great UK(/worldwide) comic: his work, his friends and estemed colleagues. To name a few (in no particular order / an incredibly random order): Steve Steen, Lee Simpson, Mike McShane, Josie Lawrence, Eddie Izzard, Barbara (Comedy Store Manager), Greg Proops, Andy Smart, Neil Mullarkey...and many more inspiring comics, theatre makers, writers, directors, radio DJs & dreamers besides.


I'd suggest the following - if you'd like to see this film and laugh a lot:


* Go to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA43e6V-J1c

* Watch the trailer / or don't

* Think? Would I like to laugh, learn be inspired and think gee maybe I could do this (or oh dear: I'd never do that!) then post a comment and / or give it a rating and / or click a thumb. We're all Romans now - bring back Togas I say.

* This will help get this film onto a TV, Cinema Screen, Outing near you.

Do it. Do it now.

...If you'd like to that is.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this man

rashbrm@mac.com said...

So do I now I've seen this film